Location of Trappers Lake Lodge & Resort
2017 Season Dates
Reopening June 1, 2017
Close for Season October 31, 2017
Directions for the Scenic Byway via I-70, Silverthorne and Yampa
- 1-70 West
- Exit Silverthorne – turn Right
- Head North onto Hwy 9 (Blue River Pkwy) toward Kremmling
- At Kremmling - turn left at stoplight onto I-40
- I-40 will intersect with CO-134 . Turn Left onto 134 (over Gore Pass)
- CO-134 will “Y” into CO-131 heading to Steamboat Springs (36 min. from 134 to Yampa)
- At the north end of Yampa look for the Dept of Transportation (CDOT) metal building. Immediately past the building – TURN LEFT. Sign will say “National Forest Access”
- Drive approximately 3 blocks. This road makes a sharp Right turn and then approx. ½ mi. down a sharp Left turn - STAY ON PAVEMENT. If you go straight through you will be on dirt – TURN AROUND!
- You will remain on pavement for 6 mi. before it turns into dirt. There will be a “Y”, stay to the left. There will be a sign that says “ Dunkley Pass – Scenic Byway”
- You will go over Dunkley Pass, pass Vaughn Lake, over Ripple Creek Pass. Once you are at the bottom of Ripple Creek, you will see a sign “11 miles Trappers Lake," turn Left. We are 8 miles up the mountain.
Distance average is 49-52 miles depending on where you started. Travel time from Steamboat Springs is 2-2.5 hours. Travel time from Yampa 1.5 - 2 hours. You may get cell phone reception at the top of Ripple Creek Pass, but service is spotty.
Suggestions – have a map and/or GPS. Be sure to check all tires prior to hitting the road to Trappers. Insure your spare tire is in good condition. We advise you to carry an automatic air pump and tire repair kit. Insure your gas tank is full. Yampa is the last place for gas. There are no services for 92 miles.
Driving Directions: from Denver via 1-70
- Take I-70 West
- Exit – Rifle/Meeker Exit, turn right at the light
- Drive through Rifle – Hwy 13 will take you to Meeker, which is 39 miles from Rifle
- After you pass through Meeker – there will be a sign for Trappers Lake. This is County Rd 8 (also known as the Scenic Byway) – Turn Right onto CR 8
- You will travel on CR 8 for 31 miles (on pavement), once you pass from pavement to a dirt road, begin clocking 10 miles
- At or near the 10 mile mark, you will see another sign on the right hand side of the road for Trappers Lake - Turn Right. (If you pass Ripple Creek Lodge you missed the turn! )
Please note we are not located in Meeker. Meeker is the location of the post office we use. We sit perfectly in-between Yampa and Meeker, 51 miles in each direction from Trappers Lake Lodge. Trappers Lake Lodge is located in Garfield County.